Sunday, January 17, 2010

SHOMER SHABAS




Donny asked me if i wanted to bowl on saturday and i told him I couldn't because of Shomer Shabas and he said whats that so i said Saturday Donny, is shabbas. The Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I um, don't drive a car, I don't ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T ROLL!

Cathedral of Saint Patrick church was huge. It had a neat set up and the choir was wearing terrific outfits. I was exceptionally bored but on guard and attentive because I wasn’t at my church and was with other people. I love my church back home, and this service was a more stoic serious church, which I also appreciate every once in awhile. For the NFC the Vikings played very impressively today. The Saints also played well yesterday but I feel the Vikings beat a more worthy opponent. The Vikings will have their hands full next week but I predict that they will win 28-27 in a thriller comeback. As far as the AFC goes I hope that the Jets take the AFC. This way the Vikings who are pretty much Sioux Falls home team, will play the Jets who is my vacation team, what a coincidence. Also a great story because Favre played for the Jets last season and didn’t even make the playoffs. Today I kept the Sabbath Holy with church, chips, cherry dr.pepper, and football. Today I meditated on strength and I thought of my Great Grandma Hazel, she is a special lady and is very strong willed. Sometimes she gets knocked down, but she gets up again, and this is something I think often and can apply to my life. I ask anyone who reads this to keep her in prayers. Thank you! What's living if you never pull down your shorts and slide on the ice blog!

1 comment: