Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kevin Cole told me to start writing. Thank you sir

These are some of my poems that I have been writing. I feel that when I have an experience and write it down, it helps me understand what I am feeling, or what I have learned.

Joel (living)-“we see the most real things when we aren’t creating our own world.”
Letting it be in my walk
I have a great day
I didn’t try to shove anyone out of my way
External noises are kept to a minimum and mostly natural
I let the puzzle come in time
Not worried about whether it will rhyme
An inner peace that calms within
A new day and a new feeling that’s never been
Let the odds be unknown and the encounters lived
Sitting next to me is substance
Without focus this is missed
Deep in the heart I know this is where I belong
If I don’t always try to be right, then I will never be wrong
So I play my role and accept who I am
And feel so blessed to have a new friend.

Absorbed
Trapped by the music I walked outside
Thinking of all the things I hide
I cringe when I suspect she’s at the rink
Should I walk down their I double think
I take a left to avoid the shame of walking alone and thinking about her
North Dakota plates I see, wherever I go there she be.
I see the freedom gas station ahead, my life has changed, new plans were conceived.
My freedom was not inside the store, but the sounds of the city reminded me more.
I’d found it before but walked away. I was stuck in a frame.
The sound of nothing still had sound.
I walked very slowly on the ground.
I found myself happy without a smile.
Before I had been stuck inside myself, it’s dreadful when you can’t think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment