Saturday, February 27, 2016

Getting After It

Alright blog, I haven't been here in awhile and it has occurred to me to blog.  Well this week was awesome I got to work multiple days on great paying acting gigs. I got to work with some awesome people, I met about 6 or 7 people who are hustling just like me this week.  It was awesome, and everyone indulged in my Seth Rogen impression.  It was really interesting one of the girls I worked with was a dialect coach as well, I'm meeting people on these gigs that I have so much to learn from and more importantly just enjoy being around.  Very fortunate and lucky to start off the year with 2 days of work on only like my 3rd or 4th audition so far. Now I'm hoping to kick off my theatrical side into gear, I got a callback to be a series regular on a pilot in the fall and feel confident about my ability to perform in the room and think I will eventually land something.  On second day of shooting I met a guy who was also represented by KMR and he said hes been making a living off of commercial and film work for 20 years, he's originally from Oklahoma.  My agents are rock stars.  What else?...let me think..  well obviously dear lord every time your on set for the most part the food is just glorious,  it will take a concerted effort in the gym and good eating to regain some of that back haha.  But it will be an effort that is well worth it.  I prefer to work my goal is to keep booking and pushing forward and creating my own opportunities and endeavors for myself.  I've found a new actor to look up to, and that's Chris Pratt.  He's got a cool story and has worked very hard to get where he is and his motto was basically just to stay incredibly positive and pursue opportunity even though he had very little.  I got to be around him once in 2011 when I first moved out here, and he was very positive and talked to everyone around him and really hammed it up, I hope to be like that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment