Thursday, June 17, 2010

Freedom Gas Station Adventures

Today I sat at the freedom gas station eating a Jumbo Frank hot dog, drinking a Dr.Pepper, and eating pringles. There was Paint on my skin, and I was wearing orange shorts and a gray t-shirt. A guy pulls in his car gets out in some nice slacks, button up shirt, and a tie. He starts to fill his gas up and then walks over to me. He says with energy "so are you ready for football." I thought he had mistaken me for a USF football player so I said, "O, I don't play football." He says, "o ya, but are you ready for the NFL it's about to start." So I said, "o ya", because I'm always ready for the season to start. So he says, "are you a Viking fan, do you think Favre is gonna come back." I said, "I don't know I saw something last night that said he might", and he budged in not on purpose and said, "o ya, ya, he's going to come back." Then he said, "where I come from people like the Packers, Bears and Vikings, and it's pretty much the same in South Dakota on the east side, but on the west side of the state people start liking the Chiefs and Broncos,it's like a bisexual state it doesn't know what it wants." So I gave him a genuine laugh adoring the randomness of this situation. I said,"So what are you doing today". He said anxiously "Well I might go home and spray the lawn but I'm not sure if it's ready yet." He then went to finish filling up his gas, walked in paid for his food, came out went to his car and left. I felt like this guy had just put on a show for me. I don't know why he walked up to me, but it was hilarious and made my day.

On the way home riding my bike I saw a person in pink shorts and a pink shirt with headphones on doing a strange dance while walking towards the Tut Hill.

Words of Wisdom: Being willing to risk it all in total acknowledgement that failure is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment