Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dude abides



This weekend I went to Lebowski fest with my cousin Shane Thomas Kirkland. It was bad ass. I got to see a speech given by the real dude, Jesus bowling partner, and saw a burlesque show performed by the wonderfull Itty Bitty Bang Bang. White russians were $10 dollars so i kept it and one and had a dudes rug for $8 bucks. There were some people that dressed up real great. It was an amazing experience to be surrounded by so many avid achievers who practicly quoted the whole movie the entire time. The fans consisted of guys who dressed up to dress up and just follow the show around. I met a guy who went to the festival in Kentucky, I believe this was his second fest and he wants to make it a bigger priority and more of a lifetime commitment. Its a grievous ill to say I am typing this right now while the bowling party has already began but I was at the beach all day and am bushed. The real little larry was there, wow. They had all the actual costumes from the movie on display, everything from Walters vest to the Nihilists girlfriend but and toe cut off. The check out girl from clerks was there and that was hillarious, there was a lot of stonewalling mentioned in the speeches. Its even become a religion, literally, they have created dudeism and said a prayer before the event. What a wonderful way to spend a night, with so many avid achievers. I talked to someone tonight to say that there are other Lebowski gatherings that go on around the city all the time, I look forward to partaking. Real tired, should prob go to bed, have an audition at next stage theatre tomorrow.



Peace I mean, the dude abides

No comments:

Post a Comment