Tuesday, February 12, 2013

As the dream continues

I have had a few not so productive days.  I had an audition yesterday.  And basically the whole group cleaned house over the weekend.  My working out has slow down.  But I realize something.  I was feeling and looking better from my better eating and working out.  I think it just needs to be more in moderation.  Your not going to see the results over night, so with persistancy I know that i will be just fine.  Ive been looking into some local theaters looking to find a paying play.  I realized that there are a lot more theaters then the one that I went to originally that actually will pay for performance, which in my mind makes sense.  You got to be performning, and you cant just pay to perform.  Back to my last blog, its a marathon not a sprint.  I am starting to believe that is really true.  Everyone is allowed to be frustrated, but if your not happy where you are because you didnt get it over night, thats just not a very good excuse.  You have to find a way to be content with where your at and working extremley hard towards the future by being in the present and now.  There was a valentines day back in 2008 when I went ahead and saw the first college play production at USF since I started school there, when I saw it, I knew I had to try it, be a part of it, at least check it out, and nothing was going to stop me.  I think that whether it is seeing some cheap theater somewhere or something I might need to check out some venues and see which one calls my name and pursue.  I know its not film and I know you cant make a reel out of theater, but people can watch theater, and a lot of times in theater you get to meet people after the show.  I think it is worth a shot to see if the theaters worth a darn.  Amongst actor friends I have realized that one thing we talk about is our agents and how much they are sending us out.  You can be mad, thankful, greatful, upset, not happy, whatever it is you feel based on where there sending you.  But if thats your only basis for how you feel about how your doing and the direction your heading the industry I think you do yourself a diservice, you need to create your own work, and you gotta have thick skin.  Jon Stewart said something on the daily show that was hilarious, "If at first you dont succeed, F&#$ it!  Instead of thinking of inspirational quotes I have been drawing on that, I have a lot of things to figure out for myself right, but for me, that quote basically reminds me that if your not where you want to be yet after a short period of time, it is a huge diservice to yourself to just give up, if its your dream you gotta make it happen.  Im ok that everything didnt fall into place right away as far as the classes and everything I took.  If it was that easy, what would be the point.  Anything worth doing is hard.  Back to theater, it is my roots, I dont really think its a bad idea to check out the scene, use what you know to open up new avenues.

No comments:

Post a Comment