Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Marathons

I have never ran a marathon.  An actor friend of mine Brett Zimmerman reminded me something that has been said to me twice in the last two days, its not a sprint, its a marathon.  He really said some good stuff so Ill just say it all, he said "It's important to have patience, discipline, composure, and the will not to get discouraged while accomplishing the goals we have set out to achieve!"  Thats one of the best things I've heard in a long time.  I think sometimes I tend to sprint and not let up, that doesn't work to well in a marathon.  Everything he said is important but I think probably the most important part is to not get discouraged, I have really had a tough time with that one.  Also Im realizing that I may need to set some goals, I dont feel like I dont have any its just sometimes I dont know if Im really working towards them. I have been working out a bit lately.  Yesterday I did a free simulation biking class for 60 minutes.  I took the toughest class they had an the instructor said she couldnt believe how well I did for the first time.  I was kind of shocked too.  I have been doing a mix of advanced and begginners taebo as well, and I still run but not as far.  Also have been doing more abbs.  Again with that unfortunatley I cannot cut off my belly in one day.  It will take awhile and I shouldnt over do it.  I have been eating fruit and more protein.  And trying to make sure I eat something in the morning.  Today I applied for entry level positions at NBC universal and Edge works casting.  I think that if I can get busier I will feel better about myself.  I know when I worked at a summer camp once I didnt love the job, it was ok, not the worse.  But I found myself in decent shape without even really trying, I didnt realize how much having a job kept me active.  It sort of stinks that I havent found anyway to work in an artistic way at least part time or something but Im hopeful that something will show up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment