Friday, January 8, 2010

Boom!

Got my bagel round the corner once again this fine morning. Workout consisted of 50 pushups and sit-ups, ok I lied it was 40. I cut up my lines for the play warn I will be in next month into note cards and got some memorization in. Mariah and I walked with Kim going to different coffee places, at these places we handed out flyers for the women’s project that we will be participating in later on this month, I don’t know all the details yet except there is a dark comedy called smudge involved and we will be ushering. Now this was extraordinarily exciting for me because I love coffee. My favorite place back home is black sheep coffee. I go often with my friend Jeff, it was like walking into 10 different blacksheeps! We will move tomorrow to the part of town were these shops are, this is extremely exciting for me! Ann the last but not least, finally arrived and is with us in New York now after her many cancelled flights back in the Midwest, good to have her! We ate at a Chinese place and had a great time; I had probably the best shrimp of my life. Jon and I sadly could not get tickets to Billy Elliot or Next to normal; time collapsed and then went to the Modern Museum of art. Some great art was present. I only knew was Pablo. My favorite work of art was this table with a flower basket on it, I have become very interested with the empty basket and am not really sure why. After this my teacher Kim invited me to see Fela! with her. I am so glad I went, it was the best thing that I have seen up here out of the three shows I have seen so far in New York, Spike Lee was at the play as well and actually got up in the middle of the show and ran around it was quite entertaining and a surprise. I’m glad I went with Kim she is fantastic with people and it’s a joy being on this trip experiencing new things she has planned for us. It has really been a great few first days and I am excited for the rest of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment