Friday, January 22, 2010

Sun of Morning

Today Kim brought us to Carnegie Hall and we got a tour of the place and checked out some of their beautiful theatres. They were huge and they made me want to get on the stage and dance. It was a huge and breathtaking site; I think I could have sat at the top of one of those theatres all day. They talked about how about 700 different acts are performed in their venue a year, and that sometimes they have as many as 11 going into a day. I thought wow, how can a place be so successful for so long, what is it that really binds this place and makes it so special. So I asked our tour guide what makes the place so great and he says that it’s the sound the orchestra can produce in their theatres, it’s just a really special experience for the audience and the performers. After this Jon and I ate at stardust which is a place where struggling actors wait tables and sing different songs from musicals, and popular songs. I took the Staton Island Ferry with Jon to; it was about an hour ride there and back. It was nice and calming and I had a really good time getting to talk to Jon and get to know him better. After that I did a little line memorization and then did another awesome New York Cares project. I went to Booker T. Washington School and did arts and crafts with 3rd through 5th graders. I got to work with Leo, Adrian and Sherrington. My favorite part was probably writing an every other sentence story with Adrian. We wrote a story about a huge turtle that lived next door to the three little pigs that happened to owe a very big wolf some money, at the end of the story the pigs pin the wolf with a wrestling move and win. Freedom! I attempted to get into the Lakers and Knicks game but it was sold out, on the plus side I did get to see Walt Frazier an old player for the Knicks. Also at New York cares I had a good time chatting before and after with a fellow actress Mary Boies. She was just in her first movie not too long ago, it’s not out yet but is called Sun of Morning, she was a lovely lady and I really enjoyed talking to her, she let me know some other nice parks to go to! I hope to see her doing well with her career! Goodnight blog!

1 comment:

  1. How can I be your teacher and be in the same city and not know you did ALL this in one day? Thank you, thank you, thank you for owning your time and conquering the city (and syllabus). From the cornerstone rock that Carnegie sits on to the Hudson River that the ferry sails over, you are covering so much ground and water.

    ReplyDelete