Saturday, January 9, 2010

FELA!

Yes it is a new day. And I am still not over Fela!!!

Saw a man on bleeker street today. He had long dreads and I said hey man those dreads are awesome. He said Thank you and said he had been growing them for 30 years, i am now seriously considering this hair style. I am sure my grandparents will be very happy!

I sat by a New Yorker named Alan at the play Ragtime today. I think Alan has lived in New York since 79. Alan loves the city and his favorite thing to do is to go to plays like ragtime. Alan also likes to usher at non profit organizations where they show plays. There are about five china towns in New York. Alan says the one in queens is cheap. Tonight he is going to relax and prepare himself food that he has bought from there. Alan is retired and worked with the international airline, i am not sure what his title was. Now Alan enjoys traveling(for free) and bringing friends with him. I told Alan about our class and what we experienced in the city. Alan left me a with a have a great time in the city and learn alot, he said i know you will.

Da Bears! I have gotten a couple of shout outs because of my Bear apparell. One guy was in his business outfit with his girl and yelled DA Bears, of course it is a bear code of ethics thing that i do the same. He then yelled that our draft pick and Cutler will lead us to the super bowl next year, he must be right, Bear fans speak truth. Another guy shorter than me dipped down and did a two finger point at me and said Da Bears! I said Da Bears, you know it! Bear fans have faith, what a great city.

We moved to a new apartment today on bank street still in West Village. Teak and I checked out our new Deli and talked to cashier Eddie about our stay and the area, nice guy. We chilled in the apartment tonight, kicked back, watched football. When on short walk to check out area, sent Perry Street sign to my brother Perry he loved it.

The heart is good here, and so is my Dr. Pepper......Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment