Tuesday, January 12, 2010


morning, French Toast! I saw Jordan posted about man yelling at taxi so I have one from today to add. Mad man walking by park yelling at taxi said, “Go back to school and learn how to do something else than bang on your horn….retards.” Washington square, checked out the beautiful site again, saw the birds with green and purple necks all over this dudes body feeding them. Sitting and enjoying the beautiful day on my bench at the park reminded me of the movie Burn After Reading where people meet for online dating. Also went to Christopher Park which had an interesting piece of art there. It was called Gay Liberation by George Segal; it said “Segal’s conception for gay liberation is typical of his work. Four figures-two standing malist two seated females-are positioned on the northern boundary of the park, in natural, easy poses. Using a process in which bronze casts are made from molds from the human models, Segal tempers the realistic surfaces with an unearthly-white painted finish. The result is specific, evocative, and understood, showing the public comfort and freedom to which the gay liberation movement aspired. Stopped at an art shop as well saw a picture of old man holding a chicken in barn, I may go back and buy it, strangely it reminded me of my resident Jason Rypkema from back at school. Ann, Jordan, and I went to Christ Broadway Church and served meals to the needy. I really can’t describe the experience in words except to say it was great. My most memorable moment is when the meals ran out and the guy in line who wasn’t going to get a meal said, “o well God’s still good, have a good day everybody!” John and I went and worked at the women’s project ushering for the play smudge. The play was depressing, and hilarious, I thought the acting was great, and the simple stage was used well. We had a New York slice of pizza after we got off the subway. Memorized some lines for acting. My kind of day, GOoodnight New York!

2 comments: