Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Read Martin Luther King’s Love your enemies’ speech. Race walked with Kim to Chelsea Pier, Kim is the fastest walker I have ever witnessed. We Fed the needy at Broadway Christ Church always a joy to join former USF alum associate pastor Travis. Drama book store.

I was reading a book called transformational acting at the drama bookstore. I went there with the hopes of gaining some insight on how to become an incredible actor on this journey I am on. Now last week I felt like when I was reading at the store that I was growing as an actor by the page because of all the secrets that where being unleashed to me through the authors experience. Tonight I came to what I like to call my most recent incorrect conclusion. My newest conclusion decided that my thoughts at the bookstore the other day were triggered by the excitement to learn, but at the same time were dead wrong. I think that latching on to everything you read and assuming it as full truth would be giving up your gift. I believe our gift is to find out what makes us click as actors through experience. This gives us our freedom, it allows us to be unique and different from anyone else we know without even trying. It’s the power that allows us to appreciate movies that nobody likes, it’s what allows us to enjoy homework assignments that nobody likes, it allows us to like people that nobody likes, and it allows us to save 16 bucks. I want to be my own author.
"I do believe in the mysteries of things, about myself and the things I see. I enjoy being puzzled and arriving at my own incorrect conclusions."-Tom Waits

No comments:

Post a Comment