Friday, January 29, 2010

Its my last day in New York!

This is my New York rendition of Hark the Herald Angels Sing
It’s my last day in New York.
And out of nowhere it’s really cold.
My hands are freezing i won’t lie, probably feels like South Da Kota.
So on this bench I'll stay, writing next to the subway
When I get home it will be this cold
O my gosh that's really sad
We’re eating Cuban with Kim again
Talkin bout how wonderful New York’s been
How wonderful New York’s been
With Three girls and Four Men.
THE END
Today we ate some wonderful Cuban food with Kim. Mariah and I split a quesadilla and a diablo sandwich, also known as the DEVIL SANDWHICH, Mariah and I are sandwich sinners! Then Kim took us to eat the best cupcakes in New York City, literally they won an award. She was good friends with are waitress. I had the flur to sel. No one talked while we ate, we just moaned because the cupcakes were that good. We came back and I did the dishes in the dark with my red head lamp on while I listened to a variety of song including I’m yours, I’m big in Japan, Alice, and Stand by me. Later on I gave a pizza went out on the streets and gave a pepperoni pizza to Angel and Nathaniel. Angel and Nathaniel stay on the trains at night. Nathaniel has odd jobs around the west village. The two are well known in the community and people are often willing to help them. They say the community has got considerably better in the last ten years. It has been rough lately because it is so cold outside. Later on in the night I went to a show with Kim called Oh, Those Beautiful Weimar Girls! I’m not sure what I saw. I am going to have to look up some stuff and learn about it more. The singing was good, the dancing was violently beautiful, and there was a lot of nudity. I’m glad this was my last show, I feel like this was important and I’m excited to learn and see more plays like this.
Kim Bartling. Yesterday I saw her while I was on my way to my church group and she was hurrying to a dance class for New York Cares. Today I saw her shake someone’s hand on her street and see how they were doing? These seem like small things. She was a great example for us on this trip Whenever I felt that I wanted to take a day to recuperate because my right knee hurt and thought the cartilage in my knee that was tore from a football injury in high school was acting up, but I just decided to suck it up instead like Kim. I don’t cry much and sometimes I wonder why but I was on the verge of tears thinking about it and experiencing all I got to do up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment